Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Adventures of Jim and Tom: Bottled Water

Written: Monday, June 21, 2010

The Adventures of Jim and Tom: Bottled Water

Tom: Bottled water can taste so refreshing from time to time, if it’s free. When I have to pay for bottled water I just feel like a sucker – like PT Barnum had me in mind – paying for something I could just get out of a tap. Every time I buy bottled water I expect it to taste like, I don’t know, better than water. But then, I just feel like an ass paying three dollars for water and it just tastes the same as free water.”

Jim: Yeah, it’s like when you get a prostitute.

Tom: Excuse me?

Jim: What?

Tom: What did you just say?

Jim: I said…it’s like when you jump out of a plane without a parachute?

Tom: And how is bottled water like jumping without a parachute?

Jim: Well, cause then you…

Tom: Because you think a prostitute is going to be more exciting because you paid for it, but it’s just the same thing only now you are out $350 bucks and you have to go to court.

Jim: How did you know that?

Tom: Police blotter.

Jim: What?

Tom: Police blotter. It’s in the newspaper.

Jim: Do you think my wife reads that?

No comments:

Post a Comment